Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mmmm...Cinnamon rolls


Last night, to fulfill my desire to bake something, I looked around until I found a recipe for yeast-less, from scratch cinnamon rolls. They look pretty impressive when they're finished, but they're not too tricky to make. This was my first try and they turned out well, so that should encourage you to try.

Here's the recipe:

1/3 c butter, melted
2/3 c packed brown sugar, divided
1 T water
2 c flour
1/4 c sugar
2 1/2 t baking powder
1 t salt
2/3 c milk
1/3 c packed brown sugar
1 t cinnamon

Preheat oven to 425. Combine melted butter, 1/3 c brown sugar, and water in a 9x9 inch metal pan. Set aside. In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk all at once, stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn out onto well floured surface. Roll out into a 12x10 inch rectangle. Combine remaining 1/3 c brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over dough. Roll up dough, starting with 12 inch side. Cut into 1 inch slices. Place cut side down in prepared pan. Bake at 425 for 18 to 22 minutes until golden brown. Turn out immediately.

2 comments:

  1. Yum -- those look fantastic! And if I sub soy milk and Earth Balance for the butter, I can make a vegan version. I'm going to have to try these this week. If successful, do you mind if I post the vegan version on my food blog? I will give you credit, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, go ahead! Please do try them! And don't worry about giving me credit...I found them online somewhere, so it's me who should be giving someone else credit :)

    ReplyDelete